1. Diane von Furstenburg dress, $391 (£225.34), from theoutnet.com.
A tiered dress will help you hide the curves of your hips, creating a more fit-and-flare silhouette.
2. Dress, $59.90, from Zara.
A full skirt hides away a multitude of sins, including that extra slice of chocolate cake!
3. Dress, $119, from Topshop.
The magic of a wrap dress is sorely underrated – it cinches your waist in while skimming your hips, creating a flattering line that helps you appear thinner.
4. Dress, $159.90, from Warehouse.
Opt for a dress with a bell-shaped skirt to balance out a curvier midsection.
5. Dress, $113, from Dorothy Perkins.
Vertical stripes help you look taller, thereby cheating your body proportions and making you look thinner in the process.
6. Dress, $260 (£130), from asos.com.
Patterns can do wonders in distracting the eye from your curves.
Graphic stripes that run either diagonally or vertically can be flattering, as are prints of a larger scale.
7. Dress, $89.90, from Mango.
When all else fails, opt for a modish shift dress that has a wider A-line cut for a more forgiving dress option.