Try This Viral 7-Minute Workout For Toned Arms Like Kate & Pippa Middleton
No equipment needed!
May 20, 2020
We look to royals like Kate Middleton for style and hair inspiration, but what often falls under the radar is how impeccably fit the royals can be, especially once you take a glimpse into their exercise routine.
It’s no surprise then when you spot their sculpted bodies, such as the Duchess of Cambridge’s athletic toned legs and her sister, Pippa Middleton’s muscular arms. Deservingly, her killer biceps, triceps and shoulder muscles stole the show at her wedding to husband James Matthews in 2017, framed by a pristine Giles Deacon wedding dress.
While Kate herself has always been sporty, being a standout athlete at school with running cross country, tennis, and even field hockey under her belt, Pippa doesn’t fall short of being fit as a fiddle. She reveals in Waitrose Weekend that she works out at least three times a week, “be it a 30-minute run, an hour’s walk or a good game of tennis.”
But not all of us are great at sports, or even squeezing in time into our hectic schedules for numerous workout routines. Thankfully, there’s now a super fast, super effective no equipment arm workout on YouTube that’s been going viral over the past few weeks, accumulating millions of views, that can help you get arms just like Pippa’s.
There are no weights required and no push ups either! You don’t need a mat or a wall. You just need a space big enough to have your arms extended out in front of and beside you.
Basically, you follow Holly’s instructions and move your arms in a series of shapes, never dropping them below your arm pits. It sounds simple, but trust us, you’ll feel the burn!
There are 10 different exercises in total and you repeat each move for two sets of eight repetitions.
1. Extend both arms out to the side, forming a T-shape with your body, then flip your palms up and down, without dropping your arms.
2. Draw a C-shape in the air with both arms, creating an oval scooping motion as you go.
3. In your T-shape, push the back of your palms behind you, then repeat with your palms facing forward.
4. Draw small circles with both arms in the same direction, then reverse the circles.
5. Extend both arms out in front at shoulder height, then lift them above your head, then draw them back down into a T-shape, then bring them together again in front of your face. Reverse the motion.
6. With both of your arms extended out beside you in a T-shape, pretend you’re slapping a wall next to you. Alternate slapping each hand to the side, then the back, then the front.
7. Start with your arms in a T-shape, then bring them together in front of your face, with your arms still extended. It should feel like an extended hand clap.
8. Pretend you have an imaginary ball in your hands, extend your arms and twist your arms as though you are twisting the ball in the air from side-to-side.
9. Draw big circles, as big as you can manage, with both arms extended at the same time. Do eight circles in one direction and eight in the opposite direction.
10. For a final burnout to finish, extend your arms in a T-shape with your palms facing the ceiling and pump them a few inches in the air, keeping your arms straight the entire time.
The video has become so popular (six million views don’t lie!) that thousands of people have taken to the comments section to voice their love for this brutal, but oh so effective workout.
“This is THE MOST effective Tone Arms Workout. 4 weeks and my arms look so different, the way I’ve always wanted. I’ll keep doing these because I want to keep the way it is now,” one person commented on YouTube.
Another wrote: “This workout just kicked my ass! Who would’ve thought slapping the air would be so painful.”
“Did this everyday for a week. Already lost 1 cm on both arms,” celebrated one woman, while another wrote: “I have been doing this for a week, now my arms feel a lot stronger! This workout is definitely one of my favs”.