1. Dress, $179, from Topshop.
A classic lace dress gets a modern update with playful pops of blue and an asymmetric hemline. Finish with a silver clutch for a simple, fuss-free look.
2. Dress, $68 (£38), from Dorothy Perkins.
Boudoir-dressing is trending at the moment, and this blushing lace slip is a sexy, spot-on number.
3. Dress, $80 (£45), from ASOS.
With a cascading hemline of ruffles and an asymmetric shoulder strap, accessorise with a statement cuff and strappy heels.
4. Dress, $159 (£89.58), from Line via The Outnet.
You can’t go wrong with a classic LBD, and this fit-and-flare shape will be incredibly forgiving even after a big dinner.
5. Dress, $69.90, from Zara.
Nothing sets the mood quite like a frock in a gorgeous shade of red.
6. Dress, $88 (£49.50), from Marks & Spencer.
Bursts of flowers help give a sensual bodycon dress a tinge of girlishness.
7. Dress, $106 (US$59.99), from H&M.
If you’re daring enough to pull off a multi-patterned dress, then this ruffled frock will be the perfect dose of eccentricity that your wardrobe needs.
8. Dress, $162 (US$92), from Line & Dot via Revolve.
A good helping of sequins add a glint of glamour to a luxurious velvet dress.
9. Dress, $49, The Editor’s Market.
Play it cool in a dress with an eye-catching pattern, and add a twist by pairing this with white sneakers or a dainty pair of metallic flats.
10. Dress, $35, from Pomelo.
A bright marigold colour helps you stand out in a sea of black. Play it up with oversized jewels and high heels.