Been dying to try out that bright lipstick trend? Well, before you do, be sure to exfoliate your lips with lip scrubs first. This helps to moisturise lips and give your lipstick a smoother foundation to glide on. Plus, it prevents flaking and cracking from occuring so your lipstick looks flawless throughout the day.
1. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish, US$24
This delicious smelling exfoliant leaves lips feeling soft and smooth. Because of its irrisistable smell (and because of the fact that it’s made out of sugar), you might just be tempted to eat it.
2. Sara Happ Red Velvet Lip Scrub, $35
This beautifully packaged lip scrub takes away dry and flaky skin from your lips and leaves you with soft and supple ones.
3. Etude House Berry Delicious Lip Scrub Jam, $11.90
The fine granules you find in this lip scrub are actually made of strawberry seeds, nut seeds and sugar to give you gentle yet effective exfoliation.
4. Bliss Fabulips Sugar Lip Scrub, $30
The shea butter and jojoba seed oil in this formulation helps to nourish and replenish lost moisture on lips.
5. Clinque 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse Off Formula, $50
This dermatoligist approved exfoliator works on both your face and lips to remove dead skin cells and keep it supple.
6. Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste, $67
This multitasking product has fine quartz particles to help keep lips feeling fresh and ready for a spot of lipstick.
7. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Mojito Velour Lip Scrub, $14
This edible lip scrub is heaps of fun to use because, once you’re done, simply lick it off!
8. Seraphine Lip Scrub in Orange-Cream, $16
This refreshing smelling lip scrub helps to slough away dead skin cells so that lip treatments you use afterwards can absorb better.
9. Saturated Colour Scrub Stick, $15
The stick applicator makes for mess free exfoliation and is so easy to use!
10. Stewart and Claire Mint Julep Lip Scrub, $19
This lip scrub uses only natural scents and ingredients making it perfect for sensitive lips.