1. Pleated skirt, $45.90, from Zara
Fun checks help to add texture to your look without going too casual.
2. Accordion pleat skirt, $69.90, from Zara
Rock up to the office in a white shirt tucked into a sweet ombre purple skirt.
3. Striped skirt, $89.90, from Zara
A bright pink skirt helps to put some happy colour into your work outfit. Play it down with black separates and accessories.
4. Asymmetric skirt, $126, from Topshop
Versatile enough to be worn over and over again, you can match this with a grey wool blazer or a denim jacket.
5. Geometric print skirt, $59.90, from Mango
Work a monochrome pattern into your look by balancing it out with a neutral palette. Complete this skirt with a white shirt and nude pumps.
6. Combined pleated skirt, $89.90, from Mango
A bright burst of tomato red is all you need to make a statement at work, without overdoing the theatrics.
7. Satin pleated skirt, $44, from Pomelo
Washed satin has a luxe feel and look about it, and offers you a more grown-up skirt option to wear during the work week.
8. Pleated skirt, $49.90, from Love Bonito
A black-based pattern is another way to add some subtle texture and colour to your overall appearance.
9. Striped midi skirt, $35.90, from Bershka
This skirt features busy stripes and colours, so you want to use more neutral colours to ground it. Denim blue, nude or white can do the trick.
10. Printed skirt, $49.90, from Bershka
Contrasting blocks of red and purple are fun, without feeling you just left the club. Use it to add colour to a black blazer and a white shirt.
11. Pleated skirt, $64.95, from H&M
Throw some florals on for a summery look, and style it with pumps and a leather bag.
12. Pleated wrapover skirt, $84.95, from H&M
When all else fails, a khaki-white-black colour combo will never fail you.