1. Crossbody bag with metal detail, $49.90, from Zara
With a structured handle, you can either carry this bag in hand or sling it across your body with the strap. Great for moments when you want to keep your hands free for other things (such as carrying drinks or browsing store racks).
2. Monochrome shay ring shoulder bag, $79.90, from Topshop
The bi-coloured design means that this bag is still appropriate for the office, without being dull. We also love the addition of a gold metal ring, because it adds a little architectural detail that sways this bag away from being common-looking.
3. Mink stud strap structured bag, $64, from New Look
Want a bag that’s equal parts classy and edgy? Well, look no further. The neutral colour of this satchel means that it will remain a closet classic, but the addition of the metal studs make it a little more cool.
4. Metallic handle handbag, $47.90, from Charles & Keith
This is the bag that Meghan Markle would carry on a weekend (or at least what we imagine she would carry). With a bold metal handle and the tawny shade of hazelnut brown, this will look cute when carried with a pair of skinny jeans and a simple tee.
5. Grommet detail handbag, $41.90, from Charles & Keith
Slightly futuristic without being cheesy, we love this bag because it can be carried to a multitude of occasions, be it a wedding dinner or a lunch date with your partner.
6. Chain leather bag, $59.90, from Mango
Every woman needs a classic black shoulder bag, so make a beeline for this affordable option that you can carry everyday, everywhere.
7. Small handbag, $54.95, from H&M
With the hard metal ring handles and its structured shape, you’re looking at the modern vision of the ubiquitous hold-all tote bag.
8. Mini crossbody bag with round clasp, $35.90, from Pull & Bear
Sometimes, you want something a little less flashy to carry around from day to day, and this bag will tick that box for you. The shape and colour of the design remain evergreen amidst changing trends, but the subtle hints of metal still make it cool.