(From bottom left, clockwise)
1. Pirate Ship Play Bag, $46, from HipVan.
Featuring a colourful cast of pirates, this soft toy will provide endless hours of swash-buckling fun for little ones.
2. London Bus, $63, from ELC.
Toddlers can pretend to be bus drivers and help passengers board and alight around town in this mini double decker.
3. Push Along Dragon, $36.90, from The Better Toy Store.
This dragon toy flaps its wings when it moves!
4. Bruin Jumbo Foam Blocks, $39.95, from Toys”R”Us.
Little ones can build their own houses, towns and more with 60 pieces of these colourful blcosk in various shapes and sizes.
5. Counting frame, $39.90, from The Better Toy Store.
Teach kids basic counting skills with this standing abacus-like frame.
6. Green Toys Chef Set, $26.90, from Motherswork.
Let your child pretend to be a junior masterchef and imitate how adults act.
7. Giant Activity Cube, 139, from ELC.
It has a drum, spin wheel, numbers and colours board and many, many more contraptions to entertain Junior.
8. Solid Colour Ball, $4.95, from Toys”R”Us.
Play “catch” with toddlers to encourage their motor development.
9. Baby Einstein Ocean Exploration Play Pad, $49.90, from HipVan.
This soft pad helps young ones discover classical music and pick up English, Spanish and French.
10. Lil’ Ocean Explorers Catch Me Crabbie, $39.95, from Toys”R”Us.
Encourage baby’s first step with this moving toy that also spurs crawling and reaching movements.
11. Duck Skittles, $29.90, from The Better Toy Store.
Teach little ones the basics of bowling, as the aim of this toy is to knock over the wobbly duckies by rolling a wooden “egg”.
(From left, clockwise)
12. Janod Shape Sorters, $45.90, from Motherswork.
This toy helps tots develop hand-eye coordination and learn to differentiate shapes.
13. Au Naturel Khaki Teepee, $125, from HipVan.
This adorable tent provides a private and cosy space for your child to play or relax in.
14. Playskool Step, Start Walk n’ Ride (child not included), $39.90, from major department stores.
It can be converted from a walker to a strider, depending on junior’s needs.
Related: Games To Play With Your 6- to 12-Month-Old Baby
Related: 8 Smart Toys To Spark Creativity In Kids Aged 3-6
Text: Sylvia Ong, Singapore Women’s Weekly June 2016 / Additional Reporting: Elizabeth Liew
Photos: Chia Yoon Nyen