Behind Every Great Woman Is... Another Great Woman!
(On her upcoming book) “It’s inspired by my grandmother, who died last year, She’s the perfect example of a woman’s resilience.”
– Bridget Tracy Tan, Director, Art Galleries & Theatre, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Great Women Of Our Time 2005 Arts & Media nominee
“It was great to know more about the average women achieving uncommon accomplishments, and it affirms the abilities of Singapore women.”
– Joanne Soo, Member, Singapore Women’s Everest Tea, Great Women Of Our Time 2005 Health, Sports & Wellness winner
“My inspirations come from my parents. They taught me that the future is what you make of it.”
– Junie Foo, Director, Client Relationships, Global Corporate, Standard, Great Women Of Our Time 2006 Finance & Commerce nominee.
“I’m inspired by women whose perseverance, strength of character and love for their children tide them through painful divorces.”
– Foo Siew Fong, Family Lawyer, Harry Elias Partnerships; Presidents of Singapore Association of Women’s Lawyers (SAWL); Author, Great Women Of Our Time 2006 Education & Public Service nominee.
“My mother had to overcome many obstacles; during her time, women were expected to stay at home. Compared to her, I have it easy. My parents and husband support what I do.”
– Kuo Jian Hong, Artistic Director, The Theatre Practice, Great Women Of Our Time 2008 Arts & Media winner
"I know it’s more hip to crucify Martha Stewart these days, but she is an amazing woman – she turned a home-based catering business into a billion-dollar company. Not many could achieve that.”
– Sandra Lim, Co-founder & Managing Partner, Massage at Work and Lush Spa, Great Women Of Our Time 2008 Health, Sports & Wellness nominee
“Someone who can laugh at and be at peace with herself – like my mother. My dad passed away from leukaemia when I was a teen, and she raised my brother and I by herself with stoicism and cheerfulness.”
– Yolyn Sim, Crew Member & Shore Secretary, 2007/2008 Uniquely Singapore Clipper, Great Women Of Our Time 2008 Health, Sports & Wellness winner
“I admire Samsui women for their independence, perseverance, strength, resilience and self-respect. Hardship makes a person stronger and better. But, I’ve had more opportunities than adversity, so I tell myself to be content and treasure what I have.”
– Alice Chua, Nurse Clinician, National Cancer Centre, Great Women Of Our Time 2009 Health, Sports & Wellness nominee
“Olivia Lum inspires me to be the best that I can. Her humble beginnings never stopped her from striving so there is no excuse that I, with the support from family and friends, should not be forging ahead in my own field. She embodies the desire to excel – if one is hungry for success, one will not allow the odds to hamper the path forward.”
– Gladys Wee, Director of Business Development, Teamsystem Construction, Great Women Of Our Time 2015 Finance & Commerce nominee
“I admire Christina Ong, Singapore’s ‘Queen of Bond Streets’- she possesses such elegance, taste and strength, and most of all, a formidable business acumen.”
– Beatrice Chia-Richmond, actress-director-producer; creative director, National Day Parade 2011; Creative Director, Opening and Closing ceremonies, 28th Southeast Asian Games, Great Women Of Our Time 2015 Arts & Media nominee