2021 is a bit of a conundrum, to investors and homeowners alike. While home prices are rising across the board, it’s a little painful not to take advantage of super-low interest rates; or face the prospect of prices going even higher if you wait.
Even in the current high-priced environment, however, there are ways to spot an “undervalued” property in the Singapore private property market. Here’s a checklist relevant to 2021:
- Examine saturated areas first
- Work out the new launch / resale price gap
- “Worst house in the best area” strategy
- Don’t ignore new launches just because it’s a later sales phase
- For HDB properties, dodge the five-year mark
- Check out older listings, including rental listings