Using pre-cooked shredded chicken with avocado, tomato and other fresh produce you can get your hands on, these Mexican wraps are baked in an air fryer for the same crisp, delightful mouthfeel but with less oil, then drizzled with excess taco sauce before serving.
- 3 cups (480 g) shredded cooked chicken
- 30 g packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup (120 g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 200 g jar taco sauce
- 4 x 20 cm flour tortillas, warmed slightly
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium avocado (250 g), diced
- 1 medium tomato (150g g), chopped
- ½ small red onion (50 g), chopped finely
- 2 tbsps finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 baby gem lettuce, torn
Combine chicken, seasoning, cheddar and ⅓ cup taco sauce in a bowl, then season. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, placing along the centre of each one; flatten chicken mixture slightly and shape into a rectangle. Fold in ends of tortillas, then roll up to enclose filling. Spray all over with cooking spray.
Taking care, place chimichangas in the air fryer basket, seam-side down; at 180 C, cook for 12 mins, turning halfway through cooking time, until golden and filling is hot.
Meanwhile, to make avocado salsa, combine avocado, tomato, onion, coriander, lime juice and oil in a bowl, then season.
Divide chimichangas, lettuce and avocado salsa among plates. Drizzle the chimichangas with remaining taco sauce and serve.