This wholesome, well-balanced dish is a testament to the harmonious marriage of protein and greens. Eating healthy has never been so easy, with a carefully laid out bowl of brown rice, grilled chicken, avocado, kale and brussels sprouts!
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x 250 g packets microwave brown rice
- 600 g brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 60 g baby kale leaves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 600 g chicken breast fillets
- 2 medium avocados (500 g), halved
- ⅓ cup (65 g) pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), toasted
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (340g), seeded, grated coarsely
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 cup (280 g) Greek yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tsps lemon juice
- 1½ tbsps finely chopped fresh dill, plus extra sprigs to serve
Make tzatziki. Combine cucumber and salt in a bowl; refrigerate for 20 mins. Drain cucumber in a colander; squeeze out excess liquid. Transfer to a clean bowl. Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine. Season to taste.
TIP For extra fibre and protein add a 400 g can brown lentils, drained and rinsed, to the rice mixture.