Your favourite Chinese barbecued duck takes a modern spin in the form of a delicious salad featuring rice stick noodles, cucumbers, and more. Simply drizzle with chilli lime sauce for a zesty, spicy kick.
- 1 Chinese barbecued duck
- 200 g dried rice stick noodles
- ¾ cup fresh coriander leaves, loosely packed
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 2 (260 g), Lebanese cucumbers seeded, sliced thinly
- ½ cup (75 g) toasted cashews
CHILLI LIME DRESSING
- 2 large fresh green chillies, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass, chopped finely
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lime rind, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsps sesame oil
Discard skin and bones from duck, chop duck meat coarsely.
Place noodles in medium heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, stand until just tender, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain.
Meanwhile, make chilli lime dressing. Combine ingredients in screw-top jar, shake well.
Combine duck and noodles in large bowl with herbs and cucumber, drizzle with dressing, toss gently to combine. Top with nuts before serving.