Combine the fragrance of coconut and lemongrass in this comforting and light Asian mushroom soup, with added pork for satisfaction and bite. To yield the best taste, don’t forget the chicken stock to give you a head-start on the soup’s flavours – and never underestimate a bit of garnish just before serving as it works wonders, too.
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 2 x 140 ml cans coconut milk
- 10 cm (20 g) stick fresh lemongrass, chopped finely
- 5 cm (25 g) piece fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- 600 g pork fillets, sliced thinly
- 300 g oyster mushrooms, halved
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
Combine stock, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and sauce in large saucepan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, 10 mins.
Add pork, mushroom, chilli and juice, return to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, until pork is cooked. Serve soup sprinkled with onion.