Select big and fresh prawns to ensure tender, juicy and finger-licking goodness immersed in preserved lemon and green chillies. Be it on top of rice, couscous, noodles, and even a salad or on its own, this dish is meant to shine with its appetising and distinctive combination of flavours, and will be sure to brighten any meal.
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsps finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tsps sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 600 g uncooked peeled prawns
- 4 green chillies, deseeded and sliced on an angle
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- 3 (400 g) Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- Steamed wholemeal couscous and lemon wedges, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add garlic, preserved lemon and spices; cook stirring constantly for a minute or until just fragrant.
Add the prawns and green chillies; cook, stirring for 3-4 mins or until prawns are cooked through. Remove from heat and gently toss herbs and cucumber through the prawns.
Serve with steamed couscous and lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. 1 kg of prawns in the shell is needed to yield 600 g of peeled prawns.