Always a party favourite, these crispy snacks can be served with different dips like dark soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise.
- 150 g thin egg noodles
- 1 cup finely shredded wombok
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 12 snow peas, trimmed, chopped
- 12 button mushrooms, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped bamboo shoots
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 300 g packet spring roll pastry wrappers, thawed
- Peanut oil, for deep frying
- Soy sauce, for dipping
Cover noodles with boiling water. Soak 5 mins until soft. Rinse under cold water, drain well. Using scissors, roughly chop.
Mix veggies and sauces through noodles.
Pile 1 tbsp of mixture onto corner of each pastry facing you. Fold over filling. Brush opposite corner with cold water. Roll up, folding in sides, and place seam-side-down on a tray. Repeat.
In a wok, heat enough oil to 170 C to deep-fry, until a small piece of pastry sizzles when added.
Deep-fry spring rolls in 4 batches, 3 to 4 mins each, until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Serve with soy sauce.
Text & Photo: John Paul Urizar/BauerSyndication.com.au