Brimming with fresh and wholesome ingredients, this dish will steal a spot in your heart for its simplistic, homely yet memorable taste. Primarily made of vermicelli noodles, it also comes with a serve of crunchy bean sprouts and cabbage, as well as juicy barbecue pork. Yum.
- 300 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsps mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing)
- 2 tsps white (granulated) sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion (170 g), halved, sliced thinly
- 1 medium red capsicum (200 g), seeded, sliced thickly
- 3 cups (240 g) shredded green cabbage
- 2½ cup (200 g) bean sprouts
- 300 g Chinese barbecue pork, sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup (40 g) bean sprouts, extra
Soak noodles in a large bowl of cold water for 8 mins or until softened. Drain.
Meanwhile, stir curry powder, sauce, cooking wine, sugar and the water in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir-fry for 1 min. Add capsicum; stir-fry for a further minute. Add cabbage; stir-fry for 2 mins or until softened slightly. Remove vegetables from wok.
Heat remaining oil in wok over medium heat. Add curry powder mixture; stir-fry for 5 mins. Add noodles; toss well to coat in spice mixture. Add remaining ingredients except coriander; stir-fry for 1 min or until heated through and well combined.
Divide noodle mixture among bowls; served topped with coriander and extra bean sprouts.
TIP Divide noodle mixture among bowls; served topped with coriander and extra bean sprouts.