Though simple, these tender pork spare ribs are drizzled (or dipped!) in robust chilli plum sauce, making for the perfect dish to go with a warm bowl of rice. Just make sure you make more to ensure they’re enough to go around the dinner table.
- 8 boneless pork spare ribs
- 2 tbsps plum sauce
- ¼ cup (70 g) tomato sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 2 tbsps honey
- 2 small red chillies, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- ½ tsp five-spice powder
Combine all remaining ingredients in a large baking paper-lined ovenproof dish. Add pork and mix well to coat evenly in the plum sauce mixture.
Bake for about 1½ – 2 hrs, turning the pork occasionally, or until very tender and golden brown.