This is the way salad is supposed to be enjoyed! A South East Asian favourite, try making this fruit and vegetable dish at home with our recipe.
Watch the video guide below:
- 1 cucumber, roughly cut
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced
- 100 g bangkuang
- 2 pieces fried bean curd, sliced
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 green unripe mango, thinly sliced
- 100 g kang kong
- 1 tbsp lotus flower
- 2 deep-fried Youtiao (Yew Char Kueh), toasted and sliced
- 300 g roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 white radish
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp, soaked in 2 tbsps water
- 6 tbsps black prawn paste
- 4 tbsps sugar
- 3 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- Lime zest
Cut the cucumber, pineapple, bangkuang, mango and bean curd into bite-sized pieces.
Blanch the bean sprouts and kangkong for 10 secs, remove and drain.
Not shown in video: To prepare the Dressing, mash and strain the tamarind and discard any solids to obtain juice.
In a large bowl, add black prawn paste, tamarind juice, sugar, lime juice, lime zest, chilli paste and ⅔ roasted peanuts. Mix well.
Add the radish, cucumber, pineapple, mango, beansprouts, kang kong, lotus flower, fried beancurd, youtiao and mix well.
Garnish with the remaining peanuts and serve immediately.