You will never have to worry about these simple scrambled tofu wraps being too over-the-top. While we used a meat-free combination of toppings like spinach, tomato, and green onion with the tofu, feel free to pop in any leftovers from last night’s dinner – we reckon it will work just as well.
- 600 g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 30 g baby spinach, sliced thinly
- 1 large tomato (220 g), chopped
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1 cup (240 g) canned refried beans with chilli
- 4 x 21 cm red quinoa wraps or tortillas (100 g)
- 1 medium avocado (250 g), chopped
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Hot chilli sauce, to taste
- 1 lime (65 g), cut into wedges
Pat tofu dry with paper towel. Crumble tofu into pieces with your fingers.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook tofu and tamari, stirring, for 2 mins or until warmed through. Add spinach, tomato and green onion and cook for 1 min. Season to taste. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
Stir beans in a small saucepan over low heat until hot. Spread beans on wraps; top with tofu mixture, avocado, coriander and sauce. Roll up to enclose; tie with kitchen string, if you like. Serve with lime wedges.
TIP The recipe is best made close to serving. For a milder flavour, you can use plain refried beans and omit the hot chilli sauce. The beans can be heated in the microwave.