These prawn toasts are coated with fragrant sesame for a yummy snack anytime of the day. You can also serve them up as finger food for parties and celebrations.
- 200 g peeled green prawns, tails removed
- 1 rasher rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed, halved diagonally
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
In a food processor, combine prawns, bacon, onion, coriander, ginger and garlic. Process until finely chopped.
Spread prawn mixture onto each piece of bread. Dip into sesame seeds to coat.
In a wok, heat enough oil to 170 C to shallow-fry, until a small cube of bread sizzles when added.
Working in 2 batches of 3, lower bread into oil, prawn-side-down. Cook 30 secs, each side. Drain on paper towel.
Text & Photo: John Paul Urizar/BauerSyndication.com.au