This mouth-watering dish of king prawns fried with fragrant black bean sauce is perfect for sharing over the dinner table. Plus, it only take 30 mins to prepare!
- 1 kg black tiger prawns, approx 21 to 25 pcs
- 60 g black bean soy sauce paste
- 30 ml black vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 1 tsp chinese wine
- ½ green capsicum, roughly sliced into wedges
- ½ yellow capsicum, roughly sliced into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, roughly sliced into wedges
- 30 g cornflour
- 20 g garlic, sliced
- 20 g sugar
Trim off the prawn’s front horn, eyes and tail horn with a scissors. Devein prawns but keep the shells on. Coat with cornflour throughly.
Heat frying pan with a little oil over medium high heat.
Fry garlic till brown and then add black bean sauce. Fry together for about a minute or till fragrant.
Add prawns, vinegar, chinese wine, sugar and stir-fry. Flip prawn around.
When prawns are nearly cooked add water and capsicums. Raise the heat of the pan and finish off with high heat.
Remove prawns from pan immediately to prevent overcooking them.
Plate prawns over vegetables and serve.