Who doesn’t love pork ribs boiled in soy sauce and spices stew? We can easily finish a few bowls of rice with this tasty soup. Just by adding pork ribs, garlic cloves, button mushrooms and spices, have your craving fixed in no time.
Watch the video guide below:
- 500 g pork belly or pork bones
- 1 kg pork ribs, sliced into individual ribs
- 300 g garlic, crush half with pestle and mortar, and leave the remaining whole.
- 50 g white peppercorns, lightly crushed with pestle and mortar
- 2 tbsps salt
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 can button mushroom, cut into halves
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- Chilli and Wansoy, for garnish
Scald pork bones and ribs quickly in a pot of boiling water. Remove and set aside.
Drain the pot of water. Refill another pot of water and bring to boil.
Add pork bones, ribs, button mushrooms, dark and light soy sauce, whole garlic and salt into the boiling water.
Place the crushed garlic and peppercorns into a cheese cloth sachet. Place it into pot. Cover the pot and simmer for 1 hour.
Remove the cheese sachet from the soup.
Serve hot with rice, Chinese dough fritters (Yu Cha Kuey), chopped chilli padi with dark soy sauce and a pot of tea.