Whether you’re looking to whip up a quick starter or snack, these Thai-inspired crab fritters will be sure to satisfy with their crisp and juicy contents. Going with the fresh crab meat, we also have some cabbage salad to round up the delightful treat. Believe it or not, it all takes less than half an hour!
- 150 g fresh crab meat
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 3 tsps cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tsp kecap manis
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 lime wedges
- 40 g snow peas, sliced thinly lengthways
- 50 g Wombok (Napa cabbage), sliced thinly
- 20 g baby spinach leaves, shredded finely
- ¼ small red capsicum (bell pepper) (35 g), sliced thinly
- ½ Lebanese cucumber (65 g), cut lengthways into ribbons, then sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 2 tsps thinly sliced fresh coriander
- 1 tbsps fried noodle salad dressing
- 2 tsps lime juice
Combine crab, egg white, cornflour, kecap manis, onion and herbs in a small bowl; season.
Make cabbage salad: Combine ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently. Season to taste.
Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat; cook rounded tablespoons of crab mixture for 2 minutes each side or until fritters are browned and cooked through.
Serve fritters with cabbage salad and lime wedges.
TIP Use any Asian-style dressing you like. You can swap the crab meat with shredded barbecue chicken breast. If you are having trouble purchasing fresh crab meat, used drained, canned crab meat, instead. If you have one, use a julienne peeler to slice the cucumber into thin strips.