Our tofu and vegetable curry is cooked with ingredients such as turmeric, chillies and ginger for that warm, earthy flavour. While a weeknight wonder, this recipe also easily doubles as a weekend showstopper – a well-rounded, hearty and flavour-packed dish that can give you the spicy kick you need to your dinner spread.
- 300 g firm silken tofu
- 6 clove garlic, quartered
- 3 fresh small red Thai chillies, chopped coarsely
- 10 cm stick fresh lemongrass, chopped coarsely
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, chopped coarsely
- 1.5 cm piece fresh turmeric, chopped coarsely
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 4 zucchini, chopped coarsely
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ⅓ cup firmly packed fresh coriander, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves
Press tofu between two chopping boards with a weight on top, raise one end; stand 10 mins. Cut tofu into 2 cm cubes; pat dry between layers of absorbent paper.
Blend or process garlic, chilli, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, onion and oil until mixture forms a paste.
Cook garlic paste in large saucepan, stirring, 5 mins. Add coconut milk, stock and lime leaves; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 mins.
Add zucchini and cauliflower; simmer, uncovered, about 5 mins or until vegetables are tender.
Discard lime leaves; stir in tofu, sauce, juice and coriander. Sprinkle with basil before serving.