Fry up these gorgeous and super easy vegetable bhajia with your preferred combination of vegetables.
- ½ cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 50 g green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 finger eggplants, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1¼ cups besan flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps cumin seeds
- Oil, for deep frying
- Mango chutney, coconut sambal, to serve
In a large bowl, combine vegetables, flour, water, garlic and cumin seeds. Mix well and season to taste.
Heat oil in a wok or large deep frying pan on high, until a droplet of batter sizzles as soon as it is added.
Working in 4 batches, lower heaped tablespoons of mixture into oil. Cook each batch 4-5 mins, turning, until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve straight away with mango chutney and coconut sambal.
Bauer/Woman’s Day/ Photo: Rob Shaw
Text: Luisa Dewal