This substantial serve of chicken breast, capsicum, corn and celery will be sure to last you through the day. Packed with vegetables, it’s a flavourful and undeniably Mexican mix that will reinvent your idea of stir-fries. Try it yourself!
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 500 g chicken breast, 1 cm strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ bunch coriander, stems chopped, leaves reserved
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus extra lime halves to serve
- 50 g feta, crumbled
BLACK BEAN RICE
- 1½ cups white long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400 g canned black beans, drained, rinsed
In a wok or large frying pan, heat half oil on high. Season chicken and stir-fry in 2 batches, for 1 to 2 mins each, until browned. Remove from wok.
BLACK BEAN RICE Rinse rice through a fine sieve until water runs clear. Place in a medium saucepan with stock. Bring to boil on high. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 12 mins, until liquid is absorbed. Set aside for 10 mins. Stir black beans through.
In the same wok, heat remaining oil on high. Stir-fry onion, capsicum and celery for 2 to 3 mins until onion is tender. Add corn kernels, Cajun spice, and coriander stems. Stir-fry for 1 min.
Return chicken to wok with stock. Bring to simmer. Cook for 1 to 2 mins, stirring, to heat through. Toss lime juice through.
Serve chicken with black bean rice, topped with feta and coriander leaves. Accompany with lime halves.