- 50 g butter
- 1 medium onion (150 g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium cauliflower, (1.2 kg), chopped coarsely
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- ½ cup (125 ml) cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Snipped chives, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
Heat butter in large saucepan. Cook onion and cauliflower until softened and translucent. Add curry powder and cook for 30 secs or until fragrant.
Add stock; simmer, covered, for 10 mins or until cauliflower is soft. Using a stick blender or goblet blender, blend soup until smooth. Add water to thin soup, as desired. Place over gentle heat to warm through, if necessary.
Stir in cream. Serve immediately with snipped chives and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
TIP For a vegetarian version if this dish, you can use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.