The party-favourite that is crisp and crunchy, this fruit coconut bubble slice contains shredded coconut, bran cereal, fruits and pecans.
- 2 cup (140 g) shredded coconut
- 3 cup (105 g) puffed rice cereal
- 2/3 cup (50 g) bran cereal
- 1½ cup (365 g) fruits from Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
- 1 cup (125 g) coarsely chopped pecans
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (180 g) honey
- 1/3 cup (75 g) raw sugar
In a large bowl, combine coconut, puffed rice, bran, nuts and fruits from Del Monte Fruit Cocktail (drain the syrup first).
Combine butter, coconut cream, honey and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until butter is melted and sugar dissolved.
Bring to a boil, then simmer with saucepan lid off, without stirring, for about 5 mins or until mixture resembles a thick syrup. Stir hot mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. Press into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.