A simplified nougat recipe that is just as crunchy and indulgent as its traditional counterpart – and features an assortment of ingredients from dried cranberries to marshmallows, pistachios and almonds. Also beautifully executed with a stained glass effect.
- 4 (sheets) confectioners' rice paper
- 2 tbsps milk
- 20 g butter
- 375 g white chocolate melts
- 410 g pink and white marshmallows, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (130 g) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (70 g) unsalted shelled pistachios, roasted
- ½ cup (80 g) blanched almonds, roasted
Grease 24 cm x 32 cm swiss roll pan; line base with two sheets of rice paper, trimming to fit.
Stir milk, butter and melts in medium heatproof bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Add marshmallows; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cranberries and nuts.
Spread mixture into pan; smooth surface. Top with remaining rice paper, trimming to fit. Place a second swiss roll pan on top of slice. Weight with cans; refrigerate overnight.
Turn slice onto board before cutting.