Hold multiple scoops of rich chocolate ice-cream in these Dutch pancakes, a larger and thinner variation of the breakfast and dessert staple. For full-bodied goodness, we went ham on the remaining chocolate components, and finished it off with bananas to neutralise the flavour.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) milk
- ⅔ cup (100 g) plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsps Dutch-processed cocoa
- ½ cup (110 g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 30 g butter
- 2 small bananas (260 g), halved lengthways and crossways
- 4 scoops chocolate or chocolate chip ice-cream
- 1 tsp Dutch-processed cocoa, extra
Pulse milk, flour, eggs, cocoa, sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt in a food processor for 15 secs or until just combined (do not over process or the mixture will be tough). Stir in half the chocolate.
Gently melt remaining chocolate in a microwave or a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
Top pancake with bananas and ice-cream, drizzle with melted chocolate and dust with extra sifted cocoa; serve pancake immediately.