This easy rocky road recipe will help keep the kids occupied over the Easter weekend. With marshmallows, turkish delight and biscuits this treat makes good use of any leftover eggs the Easter Bunny left lying around.
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 300 g dark eating chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted pistachio kernels, toasted
- 10 mini dark chocolate easter eggs
- ⅓ cup mini marshmallows
- 150 g shortbread finger biscuits, chopped
- 150 g turkish delight squares, halved
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
Line a 15-cm (base measurement) square cake pan with baking paper, extending paper at two sides for handles. Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves. Add eating chocolate; cook and stir for 3 mins or until melted and smooth. Cool for 10 mins.
Add pistachio, chocolate eggs, marshmallows, biscuit and Turkish delight; stir gently to combine. Transfer to prepared pan. Gently press down to compress mixture; level surface. Sprinkle top with coconut; press into chocolate mixture. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
Remove slice from pan. Cut into 15 squares. Serve.
When adding chopped biscuit to chocolate, avoid using the fine crumbs.
Recipe & Photo: BauerSyndication.com.au