You don’t have to wait around for hours or overnight for this tiramisu to be ready. This recipe only requires you to freeze this easy tiramisu for two hours.
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 250 g tub mascarpone cheese
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) coffee, cooled (or instant coffee granules or espresso)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coffee-flavoured liqueur (or use Kahlua, Tia Maria or Marsala)
- 250 g packet sponge finger biscuits
- 30 g dark chocolate
- ½ cup (40 g) flaked almonds, toasted
Using an electric mixer or electric hand beater, whip cream to soft peaks. Add sugar and vanilla to the mascarpone and stir through before combining with the cream.
Combine coffee and liqueur in a bowl. Dip each biscuit in and allow to soak each side for a couple of seconds before draining and placing in the base of a medium serving dish. Cover base of the dish, then top with half the mascarpone mixture. Repeat process with remaining biscuits and mascarpone.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Before serving, grate chocolate
over the top and scatter with some flaked almonds.
Photo: John Paul Unizar/bauersyndication.com.au