- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (165 g) dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 90 g butter, melted
- 1¼ cup (185 g) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) maple syrup
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) thick (double) cream
Line base and side of steamer basket of 2.5-litre (10 cups) rice cooker using a single round of baking paper, large enough to extend 2 cm above side of basket. Pleat paper to fit neatly around side of basket.
Beat eggs and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer about 5 mins or until thick and creamy. Stir in buttermilk and butter, stir in sifted dry ingredients.
Pour mixture into basket. Pour 1½ cups boiling water into rice cooker. Place basket in cooker, secure lid. COOK about 20 mins or until cooker automatically switches to KEEP WARM.
Remove basket from cooker, stand pudding 5 mins. Serve warm pudding with maple syrup and cream.