This quick and easy recipe is something you can cook with your kids – a great bonding time that results in delicious nacho bowls to enjoy right after!
- 8 wholegrain mini tortilla wraps
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 30 g packet taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 400 g can four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, seeded, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
Preheat oven to moderate 180 C.
Heat tortillas in microwave 15 secs on high, 100 per cent. Spray with oil and press, oil side down, into 8 holes of a 12 muffin pan. Bake 5 to 10 mins, then cool in pan.
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute capsicum and onion 3 to 4 mins until softened. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring to boil, then simmer 4 to 5 mins until thickened. Stir beans and half tomatoes through. Cook 2 mins to heat through.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining tomatoes, avocado, onion and coriander. Season.
Spoon bean mixture into prepared tortilla cups. Top with avocado salsa and cheese.
Top Tip: If liked, add a dollop of sour cream or replace salsa with guacamole.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauersyndication.com.au