Whether you’re craving for something sweet after dinner, or feeling adventurous for breakfast, these pear fritters will be the perfect treat to whip up in under half an hour. Made of pre-made pancake batter and featuring raspberry syrup and yoghurt, they’re bound to be a hit. You can even top the dessert with pistachios, too.
- 200 g bottle pancake shake mixture
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium firm pears (460 g), peeled, cored, sliced thickly
- 2 tbsps fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup (115 g) honey
- 1 tsp rosewater
- ⅓ cup (95 g) greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped raw pistachios
- Fresh raspberries, extra, to serve
Make pancake batter according to bottle instructions. Pour into a small bowl.
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add pear slices to the pancake batter. Cook coated pear slices, in batches, adding more oil in between, for 2 mins each side or until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
Place raspberries, honey and rosewater in a small bowl; mash with a fork to combine and crush.
Divide fritters among bowls. Top with yoghurt and raspberry rose syrup. Sprinkle with pistachios.