- 75 g butter, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (120 g) treacle
- ¼ cup (55 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup (110 g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup (75 g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ¼ cup (30 g) finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar, extra
StepsHide all images
Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
Combine butter, treacle and sugar in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Cool 5 mins; stir in sifted flours and spices.
Roll rounded tsps of mixture into balls; place about 5 cm apart on trays, flatten slightly. Sprinkle with combined nuts and extra sugar. Bake about 20 mins; cool on trays.