An easy, straightforward lamb and bean casserole that your family will enjoy. Features comforting ingredients including the likes of brown onions, carrots, celery, lamb, tomatoes and beans cooked to both softness and sweetness.
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small brown onion (80 g), chopped coarsely
- 1 small carrot (70 g), chopped finely
- 1 trimmed celery stick (100 g), chopped finely
- 250 g diced lamb shoulder
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 425 g can diced tomatoes
- 300 g can mixed beans, drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat oil in medium saucepan; cook garlic, onion, carrot and celery, stirring, until onion softens.
Add lamb, stock and undrained tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 hr. Add beans; simmer, uncovered, about 1 hr or until lamb is tender. Stir in parsley.
TIP Freeze any remaining casserole, covered, for up to 3 months.