This beautiful salad will sweeten up any celebration meal, including festive feasts. The highlight is the surprising maple dressing that’s easy to make.
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, large chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 bunch rocket
- 1 radicchio, cored, leaves separated
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 2 tbsps pine nuts, toasted
- 1 fresh long red chilli, julienned
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Preheat oven to hot, 200 C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, maple syrup and chilli flakes. Season. Spread over tray. Roast 25 to 30 mins until tender and caramelised.
MAPLE DRESSING In a jug, whisk all ingredients together. Season.
On a serving platter, arrange rocket, radicchio, zucchini, pumpkin and mint leaves. Drizzle with dressing. Top with buffalo mozzarella, pine nuts and chilli to serve.
Tip: Make the dressing ahead and store in the fridge in a screw-top jar. Shake well before serving.
Photo: Rob Shaw/BauerSyndication.com.au