Purchase prepared dumplings and other finger foods from the freezer section of your
supermarket to make this dim sum platter quickly.
- 400 g packet frozen pork dumplings
- 2 Peking duck breasts, heated, sliced
- ¼ cup char siu sauce, warmed
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsps soya sauce
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 bunch gai lan, chopped 12 cm lengths
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsps stock or water
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
Cook dumplings following packet
instructions. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on high.
Stir-fry bacon and white part of onions 2 mins. Add rice and peas and stir-fry 2 to 3 mins. Toss soya sauce through.
Sprinkle with spring onion tips.
In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on high. Stir-fry gai lan and garlic 1 min. Add stock and sauce and
stir-fry another 1 min.
Arrange duck on a platter, drizzle with char siu sauce and sprinkle with seeds. Serve with fried rice, greens and dumplings.