Treat your guests with a blast to the past with a serve of these fashionable prawn cocktails, complete with zingy cocktail sauce. The dish is a speedy appetiser to prepare, especially if you want one that’s sure to make an impression.
- 2 baby cos, outer leaves removed, washed
- 24 medium cooked prawns, peeled, head and tails intact, deveined
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ½ cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops tabasco sauce
Cut lettuce into thin wedges. Arrange lettuce, prawns, avocado and lemon wedges onto serving plates.
For cocktail sauce, combine all ingredients and season to taste. Drizzle over prawns.