These roasted prawn and tomato tarts can be served as canapes at your party, or as appetisers before you roll out the main dishes.
- 1½ sheets frozen shortcrust pastry
- ⅓ cup spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tbsps frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 cooked medium prawns, peeled, deveined, tails on
- Chilli oil, to serve
Preheat oven to hot, 200 C. Lightly grease 12-hole mini cupcake pan.
Using a 6.5-cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Line recesses with pastry. Chill 15 mins. Bake 10 to 15 mins to golden.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, corn, yolk, dill and zest. Season. Spoon evenly into recesses. Bake 8 to 10 mins until set.
Meanwhile, on a separate tray, toss tomatoes with oil. Bake 10 to 15 mins, until collapsed. Serve tarts with roasted tomatoes, prawns, extra dill and a drizzle of chilli oil.
Photo: Rob Shaw/BauerSyndication.com.au