To be honest, anything can probably go through batter and we would still love the results. How can you go wrong with fried fritters? However, there’s nothing quite like fried cauliflower. This vegetable has a natural sweetness that really blossoms when it’s deep-fried. So go on. Indulge.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (110 g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup (280 g) Greek-style yoghurt
In a medium shallow bowl, whisk eggs, flour and the water until batter is smooth. Stir in half the coriander; season.
Heat oil in wok. Dip cauliflower in batter; drain off excess. Deep-fry cauliflower, in batches, until browned lightly and tender. Drain on absorbent paper.
In a small bowl, combine remaining coriander and yoghurt; season to taste.
Serve cauliflower with coriander yoghurt.