A healthy and versatile meal exists in this chargrilled polenta with corn salsa, which will satisfy even the meat lovers in the family. Its simple ingredients also mean you can get most of what you want from your kitchen, with the flexibility of swapping with anything you prefer!
- Cooking-oil spray
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 1 cup (170 g) polenta
- 2 tbsps wholegrain (seeded) mustard
- 2 trimmed corn cobs (500 g)
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200 g), chopped finely
- 1 medium red onion (170 g), chopped finely
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (130 g), seeded, chopped finely
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp finely grated lime rind
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) lime juice
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Lightly spray a 23 cm (9½ inch) square cake pan with oil.
Bring the water to the boil in a small saucepan. Stir in polenta; cook, stirring, about 10 mins or until polenta thickens, season. Stir in mustard; spread polenta into pan. Cover polenta; refrigerate about 30 mins or until firm.
To make corn salsa; boil, steam or microwave corn until just tender. Drain; cool. Using a sharp knife, remove kernels from cob. Combine corn in a medium bowl with remaining ingredients.
Turn polenta onto a board; cut into 12 rectangles. Lightly spray a heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) with oil. Cook polenta until browned both sides; serve with salsa.
TIP Substitute the fresh corn with a 420 g (13½ ounce) can of drained corn kernels, if you prefer. Polenta can be prepared a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge.