Sweet, golden corn kernels with tender Mexican chilli chicken, sautéd onions, tomatoes and beans, all wrapped up in a soft chargrilled tortilla.
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tsps Mexican chilli powder
- 2 cups shredded barbecued chicken
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 8 tortillas, chargrilled
- Sour cream, coriander sprigs, lime cheeks, to serve
- 1 large avocado, seeded, mashed
- 2 tbsps chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Preheat chargrill pan or barbecue on medium. Spray corn with oil. Season to taste.
Grill corn, turning occasionally, 10-15 mins until golden and tender. Remove kernels from corn with a sharp knife.
Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Sauté onion, 2-3 mins, until tender. Add tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 mins until starting to soften. Add chilli powder and cook for 1 min. Stir in chicken and beans until heated through.
GUACAMOLE In a small bowl, combine avocado, coriander and juice. Season to taste.
Chargrill tortillas 30 secs each side until heated through. Fill with chicken mixture, top with corn and guacamole. Serve with sour cream, coriander and lime.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauer