There is nothing better than a steaming bowl of chicken soup when you’re feeling sick unless it’s a bowl of chicken noodle and mushroom soup. Try the late Fay Khoo’s extra nutritious version of this classic steaming bowl of goodness in the form of this chicken noodle and mushroom soup.
- 1 medium Chicken Breast , fat, bone and skin removed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely diced
- 50 g Glass Noodles
- 2 Oyster Mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 tsps Amino Acid
- 1 handful Coriander Leaves , for garnish
- 1 litre Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Ginger, julienned
- 2 Shiitake Mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 1 Fresh Chilli, sliced
- White Pepper, to taste
Put the broth in a pot, then add the chicken, ginger and garlic.
Remove and slice the chicken.
Add the mushrooms, half the spring onions, noodles, and amino acid and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Portion into serving bowls and top with chicken slices before garnishing with spring onions, coriander, chillies, and some white pepper.
1. Benefits of using glass noodles vs normal egg or rice noodles: For people who have difficulty digesting gluten, glass noodles are a great alternative to normal egg or rice noodles, because they are naturally gluten-free. They also absorb sauces and flavourings quite readily.
2. Benefits of substituting soy sauce with Bragg’s amino acid: They are an excellent replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce, in that it has only a small amount of naturally occurring sodium, it is a source of protein, and it is also Gluten-Free.
3. Benefits of using the chicken breast: White meat, healthier, while being a great source of protein.