These healthy grilled, narrow strips of chicken adopt a fresh and herby twist with green peppercorn and tarragon dressing, which will bring out robust flavours in a simple meal. Even a little drizzle will go a long way here.
- 4 medium (800 g) potatoes
- 600 g chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 4 large (1 kg) tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 medium (170 g) red onion, sliced thinly
GREEN PEPPERCORN & TARRAGON DRESSING
- 2 tbsps water
- 2 tsps drained green peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tsps wholegrain mustard
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) white wine vinegar
Make green peppercorn and tarragon dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until just tender, drain.
Meanwhile, coat chicken all over in black pepper. Cook chicken on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned all over and cooked through, slice thickly.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice thickly. Cook potato, in batches, on same heated oiled grill plate until browned both sides.
Arrange chicken, potato, tomato and onion slices on serving plates, drizzle with dressing.