Spice up your weeknight dinners with this moreish dish packed with lots of veggies and healthy brown rice to fill you up. It’s also suitable for diabetics.
- 1¼ cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 green onions, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 long green chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g lean minced beef
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, 4-cm lengths
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- Crushed nuts, to serve
- 2 tbsps sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsps salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges to serve
In a colander, rinse rice under cold running water until water runs clear. Place rice with water in rice cooker to cook.
In a wok, heat oil on high. Stir-fry onion, chilli, ginger and garlic 1 min.
Add mince and stir-fry 3 to 4 mins, breaking up lumps, until well browned.
SAUCE In a jug, whisk all ingredients together.
Add vegetables to wok. Stir-fry 1 to 2 mins.
Pour in sauce. Stir-fry 1 to 2 mins. Cover 1 min to steam. Serve on a bed of rice with nuts, green onion and lime wedges.
Recipe & Photo: Rob Shaw/BauerSyndication.com.au