Brighten up your roasted pumpkin and cauliflower with the flavour of the tropics. Featuring the light and refreshing coconut, zesty and appetising chilli and lime, plus the crunch of cashews, this healthful yet mouth-watering recipe is one that will charm even when served on the side with a sprinkle of fragrant herbs.
- 1 (1 kg) Jap pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into thick wedges
- ½ (650 g) cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 2 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup (15g) shaved coconut, roasted
- ⅓ cup (50g) roasted cashews
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
Place pumpkin and cauliflower on a large oven tray. Brush with coconut oil and season to taste. Bake for 30 mins or until vegetables are brown and tender.
Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine ingredients in a small jug.
To serve, arrange pumpkin and cauliflower on a large platter; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with coconut, nuts and herbs.