You can’t go wrong with a green and delicious bowl of superpower ingredients. Containing broccolini, peas, seeds and brown rice served with avocado yoghurt, this nourishing meal is brimming with vitamins and nutrients. And need we mention, it’s lunchbox-friendly too!
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 200 g broccolini, halved on the diagonal
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 500 g packaged brown microwave rice
- 2 tbsps pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium avocado (250g ), sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted, extra
AVOCADO YOGHURT DRESSING
- 1 medium avocado (250 g), chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup (200 g) Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
Make avocado yoghurt dressing: Blend or process ingredients until smooth and combined; season to taste.
Boil, steam or microwave peas, beans and broccolini, separately, until tender; drain. Place peas, beans and broccolini in a large bowl with oil; toss to combine. Cover to keep warm.
Cook rice following instructions on packet. Combine rice and chopped pepitas in a medium bowl; season to taste.
Serve rice topped with three-quarters of the dressing, then vegetables, avocado, remaining dressing and extra pepitas.
TIP For a spicy version, add 2 tsps chopped pickled jalapeños to the dressing.