Constructed of superfoods and health-boosting ingredients, this trusty recipe containing sesame eggs and green quinoa is one you can count on for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’d even be surprised with how filling a standard serving of this can be!
- 1 cup (250 g) vegetable stock
- ½ cup (100 g) white quinoa, rinsed
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh small red chilli, sliced thinly
- 2 cups (80 g) thinly sliced kale
- 1 cup (90 g) firmly packed, thinly sliced silver beet (swiss chard)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
Place stock and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low-medium; simmer gently for 15 mins or until most of the stock is absorbed. Remove from heat; cover, stand 5 mins.
Meanwhile, cook eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 5 mins. Remove immediately from boiling water; cool under running cold water for 30 secs.
Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and chilli; cook stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant. Add kale and silver beet; stir until wilted. Add cooked quinoa and juice; season to taste.
Combine parsley, both sesame seeds and salt in a small bowl. Peel eggs; roll in parsley mixture.
Serve quinoa topped with eggs.
TIP You will need to buy 1 bunch kale and 1 bunch silver beet (swiss chard). Leftover greens can be wilted in a little olive oil or chopped and added to soups.